We are pleased to announce that Levine Lee LLP was awarded Law360’s 2019 White Collar Practice Group of the Year, which cited the firm’s “creative arguments” and “cutting-edge litigation.” Among other “exceptional results,” Law360 highlighted the firm’s defense of Gavin Black, former Deutsche Bank trader and British national, in connection with the government’s prosecution of alleged LIBOR manipulation, and Anthony Blumberg, former ConvergEx Group LLC executive, who was charged with wire and securities fraud. Law360 noted the long-term legal impact of Levine Lee’s arguments—in particular, that the government outsourced its investigations to corporate counsel, raising constitutional issues and potentially giving rise to “Brady laundering.” Law360 also highlighted the sentences issued in both cases, noting that Mr. Black received “what is believed to be the first-ever sentence of overseas home confinement for a foreign national prosecuted in the U.S.,” while Mr. Blumberg received an “attractive plea deal and [was] later sentenced in December 2018 to just one day in prison.” The article also recognized the firm for its strength in both civil and criminal litigation as well as its dedication to representing clients in “difficult matters.”
This acclaim follows other recognition of the firm:
- The Legal 500: one of the top firms in the United States for corporate investigations and white collar criminal defense;
- Benchmark Litigation: “Highly Recommended” among firms in New York;
- Chambers USA: one of the best firms in New York for white collar criminal and government investigations matters;
- Super Lawyers: “50 Law Firms Professionals Should Know About”;
- National Law Journal Litigation Boutique Hot List: twice selected Levine Lee as one of ten litigation-focused firms nationwide.
Individually, partners have also received awards:
- Seth Levine, Kenneth Lee, and Scott Klugman have been recognized as Local Litigation Stars in Benchmark Litigation and among the top lawyers in New York by Super Lawyers, and Seth Levine has been recognized by Chambers USA and as among the top 100 lawyers in New York by Super Lawyers;
- Miriam Alinikoff and Christos Papapetrou were listed as Rising Stars in Super Lawyers and twice were named to Benchmark’s 40 and Under Hot List of the top litigators in the United States under 40.